Monday, June 30, 2008

Artist: Banksy

If there were one thing I would want to be clever enough to do it would be street art. Not political cartoons, because you have to be both clever and more than a little mean to do that. Not modern sculpture and abstract stuff, because to me that seems to be more about technical cleverness. Street art, graffiti art, can be both simple and powerful, tongue in cheek, political, mean, smart, base, whatever and it's awesome because people HAVE to see it out on the streets. I mean, you can't just walk by a big ass painting on the sidewalk and NOT see it. Some is cute, some is not, but it always blows my mind and makes me go: gee I wish I could do that!

Here's one guy, Banksy. Some of his stuff creeps me out and makes me feel a little disturbed inside but mostly it just kicks ass.





Banksy

No comments: