Thursday, July 3, 2008

Artist: Tim Biskup


The animator/painter/toy creator Tim Biskup is pretty neat. He work(ed?) at cartoon network on a show called 'Time Squad' which I never really watch but his style reminds me a lot of some of my favorite CN shows, 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends' and 'Samurai Jack.' His website explains that CN animators work a lot together and often draw inspiration from each other's styles and the like-this makes plenty of sense. In any case, I can't say too much about his style except that I really love it. I've always sort of admired the blockier-square style of animation, if only because I'm too conscious of reality to actually accomplish it effectively (whatever that means-it makes sense to me anyway). I would totally buy his toys and clothing stuffs if I had the money and I didn't really want to save up for a Toki-Doki purse.

Niiice.



No comments: