Saturday, July 5, 2008

Artist: James Jean


James Jean's work is featured on the latest cover of Giant Robot Magazine and I fell in love instantly with the painting. He was born in Taiwan but moved to the US at the age of 3 and currently works out of L.A. From what I can tell, he is most well-known for his work on Fables, a Vertigo comic that is definitely very different from the usual Marvel or DC fare (think more along the lines of Sandman-which is also vertigo). His work is beautiful and incorporates a kind of fantasy world which I can only grasp at in my own imagination (I'm working on that). The interview in GR makes him sounds pretty chill and laid back, definitely a person I'd like to meet. It talks a lot about the current work he's done for Prada, including the New York Wallpaper which aparently has attracted more visitors than any other wallpaper...woot woot for illustrators on that point.

In any case. All I can really say is LOVE!



No comments: