Monday, August 4, 2008

Artist: Jeremiah Ketner

From his own site:
"Jeremiah Ketner, a chicago based artist who tends to paint charming little creatures floating through pastel dreamscape's. His Japanese pop art influenced imagery tends to describe the a more casual and carefree side of life. Ketner has been busy painting and exhibiting his works all over the nation."
Short and sweet. Kind of like his paintings which are very sweet and sugary looking. Instant love for me of course, which I guess has to do with the cute critters and their japanese influence. But his newer work, which he describes as having a "more human element" appeal to me even more since the feature lovely figures amongst all the sweetness. I'm not even going to bother looking up what the critics say because I don't care.



and my favorite, klimt inspired piece:

No comments: